Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Great Day!

We made our way to Perth on the next leg of our journey.

We spent a fantastic day at the WACA, watching the first day of the third Ashes Test. England played really well and bowled the Aussies out for 244. Unfortunately we then lost a couple of quick wickets (although Belly's should apparently have been a no ball). Monty took five wickets and was the hero of the day.

Off the pitch, things were highly enjoyable as well. We were in the Aussie Fanatics stand, as were quite a few other England supporters, so there was a lot of good banter going on. The Aussie fans were trying so hard to emulate the ‘Barmy Army’, and they nearly got there, poor mites.

I even avoided major sunburn, with some good use of the ‘slip, slap, slop’ formula used by the Aussies. I only got some sunburn on the top of my right foot, rather bizarrely. Paul and Caillie will no doubt relate the tale of how I've been sunburnt there before...

I will pretend that I wrote this entry at the time it happened, and that I don’t know about the horrors that happened at the WACA over the next few days of the Test, and that Duncan Fletcher has single-handedly ruined my holiday with some bewildering team selections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home