Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Business Man

I am on a three month sabbatical from work, and am currently not doing any paid work. It is slightly unclear then why I was in the business class of my flight from Perth to Melbourne. Fisher's are normally too stingy to stump up for anything other than economy, so this was a very welcome surprise for me.

I turned up at the airport, printed out my boarding card and stood in the economy queue for ten minutes before spotting the 'business' printed on the card. After enlisting the help of an attendant, it emerged that I was (somehow) indeed in business class, so I got into a far shorter queue to check in my bag.

I actually had some leg room, the food was quite nice (in case you're interested, I went for the veal medallions in mushroom sauce served with mashed potato and vegetables du jour, followed by the cheese and biscuits). All in all, a pleasant flight even though it was an hour and a half late - well, you can't have everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home