Friday, February 02, 2007

Continuing our Journey

‘Every step I take I make a new friend,
Can’t stay too long, just turn around I’m gone again.
Maybe tomorrow I’m gonna settle down,
Until tomorrow I’ll just keep moving on.’

‘The Littlest Hobo’ theme tune has been our theme over the last few weeks. We left Mackay to go to Eungulla National Park where the Rough Guide said we were almost guaranteed to see platypuses. Sadly this was one of the times that the guarantee didn’t cover. We stayed at the lookout point for about half an hour, then went for a walk through a tropical rainforest and came back later. But no sign of any platypuses, or platypi, or whatever the plural is (it should actually be platypodes, as I informed Pie - I can explain why some other time). There were plenty of turtles in the water, so maybe they’d eaten all the platypuses in an unexpected twist on the food chain. The closest we came to seeing one was a duck-billed…duck.

And then on to Airlie Beach. We spent a pleasant evening there, doing very little.

After a pleasant cruise round the Whitsundays, we stopped at the Big Multi-Coloured Easter Egg. Oh, apparently it's a Big Mango.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home